This course is for anyone who wishes to improve his/her English writing skills. All the basics are included in short, easy to handle lessons. This is an excellent course for those people who wish to improve their writing skills for school, in the workplace, or for their own personal growth and learning.
Added benefits include the fact that improved writing skills lead to improved speaking skills as well.Students include those from English speaking backgrounds who wish to improve their writing skills - young learners to adult and ESL or EFL students who wish to make gains in written English and become more familiar with the English language.
For students with English as their first language the goals would be to remind them of basics and improve their technical writing skills before moving into more complex writing materials.
For ESL and EFL students, the primary goals are to gain insight into the structure of writing in English and to build confidence.
Parts of Speech
- nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, interjections
- subject & predicate
- phrases & clauses
- dependent & independent clauses
- four kinds of sentences by form
- four kinds of sentences by purpose
- how to avoid sentence fragments and run-on sentence errors
- defining a paragraph
- four kinds of paragraphs with a focus on central paragraphs
- topic sentences
- unity - why it is necessary and how your topic sentence guides you
- coherence - what it is and how to achieve it in your writing
- 3 self-paced classes to improve English writing skills
- There are 3 PowerPoint presentations - one for each lesson.
- There are 5 tests for the first lesson and 4 tests for the second lesson. The second and third lessons also contain basic quizzes in the lessons themselves.
The student requires an intermediate level of spoken and written English in order to understand the instructor and the language within the presentations.
- The outcomes for the learner include the ability to write more clearly and more effectively in the English language.
- The step-by-step approach aids the learner in becoming more confident without overwhelming him/her.
- Learning to write well assists learners in their spoken skills as well.
Language of instruction: English