This course offers you the opportunity to improve your essay writing skills. It takes you through the process from Beginning Strategies to the Proofreading Strategy at the end. You will learn about writing a solid thesis as well as excellent supporting sentences and conclusions to create an essay that conveys your meaning and makes the grade!
Course Key Takeaways:
- The course looks at creating introductory, body, and concluding paragraphs that "pack a punch" and deliver.
- You will learn how to use continuity and generate interest throughout your written work.
- Learning to use the value of structures, climax, and the end position will strengthen your message.
- Technical considerations will teach you how to avoid the most common errors that writers make when creating essays.
- The section on proofreading provides you with essential information about how to ensure that all your hard work does not go to waste.
Who should take this course:
- Students wishing to improve their writing skills, particularly essay writing, will definitely benefit from this course.
Ron takes a very relaxed approach, providing students with all the tools they need to excel.
The quizzes that match each section are invaluable, providing frequent opportunities for review.
Also, the assignments allow the students to take a proactive approach to applying the knowledge they have gained.
The final assignment allows them the opportunity to practice writing a mini-essay and receive feed back on three drafts!
- Students who take the course should have an intermediate to advanced understanding of English in order to understand the lectures and take full advantage of the course material.
- Academically, the information provided will help students from upper grade school to adult writers.
- Students who complete the course and apply the lessons learned will have a full understanding of the essay writing process and how to achieve the best results.
Although this course is not directly related to specific tests or exams, it will prepare learners for any test that requires clear and concise writing.
Language of instruction: English